Welcome to Boxgrove C.E Primary School
“This is our school, Let peace dwell here, Let the room be full of contentment,
Let love abide here, Love of one another, Love of mankind, Love of life itself,
And love of God.”
Boxgrove CofE Primary School was founded in 1741 by The Countess of Derby. It is a Primary School with up to 70 pupils on roll aged between 4 and 11. To this day Boxgrove C.E Primary School is very much a part of the Church of England community.
The village of Boxgrove lies approximately 3 miles north east of the Roman city of Chichester at the foot of the South Downs and about 5 miles inland from the southern coast of England. It is an area of outstanding natural beauty with many historical buildings both within the village and in nearby towns and cities like Chichester and Portsmouth.
Just across the road from the school is Boxgrove Priory Church and the remains of the Benedictine Priory founded by the monks of Lessay Abbey in France with whom the village is twinned.
All Church of England Schools are inspected regularly under Section 48 of the Education Act. Please click here for our school's lastest SIAMS (Statatory Inspectionof Anglican and Methodist Schools) Report.